PLEASE NOTE : As of 16th March unless it has been confirmed for you via telephone with reception or you have been invited by GP/Nurse via telephone consultation, PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP AT THE PRACTICE. This also applies to the Branch practice in Cwmfelinfach; the branch practice will be closed from 17th March.
Please telephone reception on 01633 613131 for all queries.
We appreciate this is difficult but to protect everyone in the community and staff we will continually need to make changes and will update you via this website, Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and please stay safe everyone.
PUBLIC HEALTH WALES - CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 https:/ /www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- NSPCC helpline: 0808 800 5000 If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
- Childline 0800 1111: offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry.
- MIND www.mind.org.uk Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’
- YoungMinds https://youngminds.org.uk Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus
Please see below for further information regarding the changes in the GP out-of-hours service and Wales NHS direct:
Visit us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Looking for help or a service to get access to care sooner?
Dewis Cymru is THE place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else. When we talk about your well-being, we don’t just mean your health. We mean things like where you live, how safe and secure you feel, getting out and about, and keeping in touch with family and friends. No two people are the same and well-being means different things to different people. So Dewis Cymru is here to help you find out more about what matters to you. Just Click on the Dewis Logo opposite...
You can visit your local community pharmacy who can help provide you with free treatment and advice without the need to take up a GP appointment. For a common ailment similar to those listed above, just pop into your local pharmacy and ask for a choose pharmacy appointment with the pharmacist.
Annual flu vaccine is the single best way to protect against catching and spreading flu. If you are at increased risk from flu you should have a flu vaccination every year.
Please contact the surgery to book your flu jab appointment.
(Site updated 26/03/2020)